Sygic on Apple CarPlay not working
This article will help you with most issues you may experience while using Sygic GPS Navigation running via Apple CarPlay.
Before you proceed, please make sure that the app and maps are up to date, find the Sygic GPS Navigation via the App Store or Google Play Store and Update it if possible. For the maps, you need to go to the app’s Menu → My Maps (iOS) or Manage maps (Android).
Please note that the premium features of Sygic GPS Navigation are available only to Premium+ subscribers, or customers who purchased lifetime Premium for CarPlay in the past. Please make sure you have your subscription and/or your Premium for CarPlay lifetime license active before proceeding with further troubleshooting.
You may check which licenses are activate by going to Menu → Sygic Store → Restore/Manage purchases - if the license is listed here, then it is activated.
• Without Premium+ the connection will work without the Premium features (unless you have Premium for CarPlay lifetime, which was available in the past).
• With the Premium+ the Premium features are available also on the car screen, providing Voice instructions, Speed limits, Signpost info, 3D maps, Simple Lane Assistant,...
How to check the compatibility with Apple CarPlay:
- It is necessary that your device uses iOS 12 or higher
- Make sure that the car is supported, check this list of cars that work with Apple CarPlay
How to connect Sygic with Apple CarPlay
Enable Siri through the iOS Settings app → Siri & Search → enable Press Home for Siri (this is required in order to use the CarPlay connectivity in general).
- Plug the device into the USB port in your car/ connect wirelessly.
- CarPlay menu will show up on your car's screen. Choose Sygic app.
- You are ready to choose your destination.
Difference between the Phone and Car version
Some features are not available when using Sygic via CarPlay, like most of the app settings, extensive lists of favorites, as well as some of the add-on functions of the app.
The app is running in a simple display format via CarPlay when compared to the app running on your phone. The app offers features on the screen like a simple lane assistant, turn-by-turn instructions, the speed limit and visual navigation elements. You can search and create routes while the vehicle is static, but we strongly recommend you prepare the route on your phone before you start driving. By preparing a route before driving, all you need to do once you sit in your car is to connect the phone where Sygic is running to your head unit.
Also, you cannot use the screen of the app when the car is in motion - this is a security feature that prevents the use of a car screen that would distract the driver from paying attention to the road ahead. You can only operate the screen of the app when the car is standing still, or when the phone is completely disconnected from the car system.
To contact our support team, you need to complete the Yes-No questionare below.
If CarPlay doesn’t activate automatically,
look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
Check Siri settings
Make sure that Siri is allowed
through the iOS Settings app → Siri & Search → Press Home for Siri (the switch next to it must be green)
Reset car connection
Unpair the devices,
through the Settings → General → CarPlay → Forget This Car.
Check CarPlay restrictions
Through the Settings → Screen Time → Content & Privacy Restrictions,
choose to Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
Try connecting again with a different USB cable or to a different USB port if possible.
We are glad that you successfully solved the issue! 👍
If none of the steps helped in resolving the issue, please submit a request with the following data, so that we may assist you more effectively:
- Sygic app version you are currently using
- OS version of the device
- Device code (you will find this information in the Sygic app Menu → Settings → Information → About)
- Device model
- Map version
- Model of the car
- Are you using cable or wireless connection?