Traffic information (online service)
What traffic is, how does it work and how to use it?
Traffic information is a service that provides you with faster route suggestions when there are delays on your standard route due to traffic jams or road closures. You can find more detailed information about the service in the following blog article: Real Time Traffic Information
Please note that traffic is an online service, it requires an active internet connection to work.
How to purchase traffic?
Traffic can be purchased directly in the app if you already have a Premium license purchased and activated, or with a new Premium + Traffic license.
- Open the Sygic GPS Navigation app
- Go to menu
- Enter Sygic Store
- Choose a license containing the Traffic feature
- Read the description and continue by clicking the shopping basket icon in the green circle
- Enter the required data, select your preferred payment method and finish the payment
How to activate traffic
A Traffic license is bound to the e-mail used for the purchase (for more information about this, check out this Sygic account article) and can be activated by signing in to the app. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to menu
- Select Sign in
- Enter your e-mail, password and confirm
- The traffic service is activated, you can check this in menu → Sygic Store→ All your licenses. If it shows up there, then the activation was successful.
How much data does traffic consume?
The amount of data consumed by the traffic service varies and depends on the density of the incidents, the amount of countries you have downloaded, the amount of incidents around you in general. In most cases it will use approximately 1-2 megabytes (MB) per one hour of usage, however in some situations it can temporarily be more.
Can I use the Traffic service on more than 1 device?
The Traffic license can be active on only one device at a time. It can be transferred to another Android device though.
A traffic license is activated by signing in to the Sygic GPS Navigation app. If the feature was not activated after signing in (it is not listed in menu → Sygic Store → All your licenses), follow these steps:
- Go to menu
- Select your account
- Select Clear login data in the 3 dots menu in the upper right corner of the screen
- Restart the app
- Sign in again
After this, process your traffic license should activate on the new device
Which countries are covered by the Traffic service?
The current list can be found below, and more countries may be added in the future.
Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand
Canada, Mexico, United States
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia
Egypt, Lesotho, South Africa, Morocco
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Australia, New Zealand
Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
What to do if you don't see traffic in the app?
- At first, please make sure you are connected to the internet, signed in the app with the account you used for purchase of the Traffic license and that it is active (it is listed in menu → Sygic Store → All your licenses)
- You need to be in a country in which we have traffic service coverage. You will find our current service coverage above.
- Make sure you have traffic enabled in menu → Settings → Route planning
- Try restarting the app