How to connect Sygic Car Navigation with Ford Sync3?
In order to connect your phone to your car via Sync3, please follow these steps:
- Make sure your Sync3 system is version 3.0 or higher if you are using Android device or version 2.3 in case you are using an iOS device.
- Unlock your phone (in case it is protected by password or fingerprint)
- Plug your phone into the USB port in your car
- The screen of the phone will turn black, continue on your car's screen
- Prompt about Apple CarPlay or Android Auto might show up. Make sure to disable it.
- In the car's system menu, choose "Mobile apps" and tap the Sygic icon
- Prompt about Mobile Apps on Sync might show up. Make sure to enable it by choosing "Yes"
- Prompt "App requests access to: Vehicle Info, GPS and speed, Notifications" might appear. Make sure to enable it by choosing "Yes"
- You are ready to choose your destination.
Sync3 requires safety certificates to be updated every week. Therefore, at least once per week, you need internet access on your phone when connecting to your car's system. The update usually takes place on Tuesday.
In order for Sygic to work properly, your car needs to have good reception of GPS signal. Make sure you are in open space, GPS signal is unavailable in garages and tunnels.
Alternatively, you can also start Sygic Car Navigation on your phone prior to the connection with your car. When the app is already running (you might even set up a route), plug the phone into your car and Sygic will be automatically projected to the car's screen, if all the necessary permissions have been granted.
In case the connection with Sync3 does not work, first and foremost, please make sure you are running the latest available version of Sygic Car Navigation. Keep in mind that you need to connect your phone to your car with USB cable, the connection via Bluetooth will not suffice. When Sygic is updated, follow these steps — checking Sync3 connectivity after each step:
- Make sure both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are disabled. Go to the Sync3 settings - Apple CarPlay Preferences - disable. Do the same with Sync3 settings - Android Auto Preferences - disable.
- In case you are getting a message "Waiting for device", please reboot (turn off and on) your phone and make sure you have a working internet connection. Your safety certificate needs to be downloaded.
- Go to Sync3 settings - mobile apps and enable all options.
- In case you use other Sync3 app and it is working properly, it is possible that the other app is set as default. Please go to Android settings of your phone - Apps (Manage Apps) - the working Sync3 app - clear defaults.
- Try a different USB cable
- As the last resort, perform a Sync3 master reset, in Sync3 menu - settings - general settings - master reset.