Route calculation errors
There are two common routing errors you might encounter while using Sygic GPS Navigation.
1) Download Missing Map error:
- This error usually occurs when you are creating a route from one country to another, and the app is missing crucial maps of countries that need to be passed through along the way (for example, if you create a route from Spain to Germany, but are missing the map of France, or from California to Washington without the maps of Oregon or Idaho).
- To avoid this error, simply make sure that all maps necessary for the route are downloaded. Maps can be added via Menu -> Settings -> General tab -> Manage Maps, or by tapping on the download prompt which is displayed directly on the map over countries/states not yet downloaded.
- If you are pre-planning your route for an overseas trip, the above is not applicable. In this case, you will need to change your current position on the search screen when creating the route, so that the route isn’t calculated from your current position.
2) Route Calculation Has Failed, Roads Limit Reached error:
- The route is too long. If you would try to calculate a route from, for example, Lisbon to Moscow, the route processing limit would be exceeded before the route would be calculated and you will receive this error message
- The route is made too long by a specific setting. The route would be normally calculated, but because of a specific routing setting, for example highway avoidance, the route possibilities would be exceeded before the route would finish calculating. Please check your settings in Menu -> Settings -> Route planning tab.
- The starting point or destination is set in a no-drive zone. In this case, the application would try to calculate the route which cannot be completed and will go on with the calculation until the route processing limit is reached. Try adjusting the destination or starting points slightly.
If none of the descriptions above match your case, please contact our support team through a ticket.