How to connect Sygic Car Navigation with Mirrorlink car?
In order to connect your phone to your car via Mirrorlink, please follow these steps:
- Make sure your car supports Mirrorlink 1.1
- Make sure your phone supports Mirrorlink 1.1
- If you are using Samsung with Android 7 and higher, install Car Mode app from Galaxy Store
- Unlock your phone (in case it is protected by password or fingerprint)
- Plug your phone into the USB port in your car
- Screen of the phone will turn black, continue on your car's screen
- Press/Tap the "Apps" button on your car's screen ( can also be a physical button).
- Open connectivity app of your infotainment system (in most Skoda, WV and Seat cars, the app is called SmartLink).
- If asked, choose "Mirrorlink", not "Android Auto" option.
- In case the phone is not connected automatically, choose it from the list of devices.
- Pick Sygic from the the list of available Mirrorlink apps.
- You are ready to choose your destination.
Mirrorlink requires safety certificates to be updated ever month. Therefore, at least once per month, you need an internet access on your phone. The update should be handled automatically by your system.
In order for Sygic to work properly, your phone needs to have a good reception of GPS signal. Make sure you are in open space, outsides garages and tunnels. Also, do not place your phone into too remote storage compartments, this could hinder the signal reception as well.
Alternatively, you can also start Sygic Car Navigation on your phone prior to the connection with your car. When the app is already running (you might even set up a route), plug the phone into your car and Sygic will be automatically projected to the car's screen, if all the necessary permissions have been granted.
In case the connection with Mirrorlink does not work, first and foremost, please make sure you are running the latest available version of Sygic Car Navigation. Keep in mind that you need to connect your phone to your car with USB cable, the connection via Bluetooth will not suffice. When Sygic is updated, follow these steps — checking Mirrorlink connection after each step:
- Make sure you are not connecting via Android Auto instead of Mirrorlink
- If the app doesn't appear amongst the available apps, on Samsung devices, go to Android settings - connections - other connections - Mirrorlink and enable "Connect to car via USB".
- In case you are getting a message "app is not available while moving", this means your safety certificates are not updated. On Samsung devices, go to Android settings - connections - other connections - Mirrorlink and update certificates for both Sygic and Car Mode.
- If the the message keeps appearing, go to Android settings in your phone – Manage apps. Find system app „Mirrorlink 1.1“. Force close, clear cache and clear data of the app.
- Reinstall the app, reboot your phone and restart the car's system.
- Try a different USB cable