Why did Sygic GPS Navigation consume a lot of cellular data
Sygic GPS Navigation is an offline navigation app, yet it still does require quite a large amount of data that it has to download prior to offline use. Most of this data consists of maps, therefore the amount varies, depending on how many maps you need to download. While you load these maps, we strongly suggest you remain in range of a strong and stable WiFi connection.
In the event you leave the reach of such your network while the app is loading maps or updates, Sygic will not automatically detect this - it will continue loading maps as long as you have an active network connection. This can lead to large volumes of data being downloaded while on cellular data. Therefore, there are two options in the event this happens:
- Cancel the map download manually.
- Let the app finish the download on the Wifi if you're not in a hurry.
- Always make sure you finished all actions that require internet connection before you hit the road.
If none of the above applies to your case, please provide the following data in your request:
- Were you using one of Sygic's features, like Glympse or Traffic?
- Are you using cloud for backup?
- How exactly were you using the app before you found out that it consumed a lot of data?
Please provide info for all 3 questions above, as the information is crucial if we are to find out why exactly did the app consume your mobile data.