The app is not connecting to servers
If you are receiving an error message that the Sygic GPS Navigation app cannot connect to servers in the Maps download section or in Sygic Store, then the most common solution to resolve it is to follow these quick steps:
- Go to Menu → Settings → Menu in the top right corner of the settings
- Select Reset to defaults
- Close the app and start it again.
- This action will reset all your settings in the app to it's default values. It will not affect your personal data in the app - your favorites, routes, everything will remain intact as it was.
Below is a quick interactive guide to help you troubleshoot this kind of issue. Simply click the "No" button beneath it after performing the steps to proceed with additional troubleshooting steps:
1. Please turn your device off and on again.
As basic as it is, it is also the most effective method to rule out minor system errors.
2. Check network connection
Try using a browser and check if you can access the internet - if you can't, then it's likely a network issue, probably a simple router restart will help.
3. Check other apps
Also check for any firewall or antivirus app that could be blocking the download - try disabling or uninstalling any firewall or antivirus app. We do understand your concerns when using them, rest assured though that we are just doing this to troubleshoot erroneous behavior.
4. Try different network connection
If you're connected to a WiFi network, try a different one, or a mobile network connection.
Thank you for using our interactive guide, we're happy to hear the issue is now resolved. Have a nice day and safe travels with your Sygic!
If the problem persists after you've changed the network connection, please contact us with the following additional information:
- Device model and OS version (all devices that have this issue)
- Which part of the app is it not possible to access
- The device code from the Sygic App → Menu → Settings → Information → About.
- Anything else that you think would help us in identifying the issue