How to get voice instructions in your car via Bluetooth or USB
There are more ways to connect your iPhone with your car:
- Using the Apple CarPlay connectivity. This is the best and most simple option with many great advantages. For more information, see Sygic & CarPlay article.
- Connecting via Bluetooth
- Connecting via USB (useful if you want to charge your phone)
Please note that the proper functionality of the voice instructions while connected to your car’s infotainment system depends on the type of the connectivity you’re using, your device model and its specifications, and your car’s infotainment system, its specifications and settings.
If you're using Sygic with CarPlay, the below steps do not apply.
Connecting via Bluetooth (voice through the car speakers only)
Pair your iPhone with your car
- On your iPhone, go to the iOS Settings app - Bluetooth. In our example, we're connecting to a SEAT vehicle.
- In some vehicles, you need to start the pairing process directly in the car’s infotainment system. Please check the user guide you received with your vehicle.
- Once you have successfully paired it via Bluetooth, that should be enough to get the voice instructions from Sygic GPS Navigation through your car speakers.
Troubleshooting the connection via Bluetooth
In case you still don’t hear the voice; the proper settings depend on the type of media (source) you are listening to while driving:
- Sound source from your infotainment system (FM radio, USB stick, SD card, etc.)
- Please make sure that Allow HFP is enabled. Open the Sygic app and go to the menu - Settings - Sounds and Notification - Sound settings.
- The switch next to Allow HFP option must be green. You can enable it with a simple tap on the switch.
- Sound source from your iPhone (music playback from Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, etc. or an mp3 file)
- Make sure that A2DP Bluetooth protocol is active in your car infotainment system. Go to the infotainment's Phone section - Setup - Bluetooth - Paired Devices.
- Tap on your paired iPhone and you should be able to allow A2DP protocol. The settings may vary depending on your car's infotainment system.
USB connection (voice through the phone speaker only)
- If the sound source is your infotainment system (FM radio, USB stick, SD card, etc.)
- Please make sure that Phone speaker option is allowed. Open the Sygic app and go to the menu - Settings - Sounds and Notification - Sound settings.
- Enable the Phone speaker option (the switch must be green)
- The voice instruction will go through the phone speaker in this case.
USB + Bluetooth connection (car speakers only)
If you’d like to charge your iPhone via USB and get the voice instructions from the car speakers, please:
- Plug your iPhone into the USB port in your car
and at the same time
- Make sure you are connected to the Bluetooth (see the Bluetooth connection section above)
- This will ensure that the voice will go through the car speakers and you can charge your phone simultaneously
If the voice instructions still don't work, please check the Voice troubleshooting