Head Up Display
Head-up display (HUD) allows you to keep your attention on the road and enjoy a safe & comfortable drive by showing you all the navigation instructions projected directly into your line of sight – on the windshield glass.
How to buy the HUD?
The HUD is included in the Premium+ Subscription. You only need to subscribe.
How to activate Head-Up Display?
Head Up Display is activated automatically after subscribing.
To restore it on another device, please see this article.
How to use Head-Up Display?
- Plan your route and tap on Quick Menu icon in the map view (3 dots bottom right). Select Head Up Display to start this feature.
- Once the Head-up Display is running, please tap anywhere on the screen. More options will appear now. You can switch between dark and light mode (Dark mode button), switch to HUD mode (flipping the Head-up Display to mirror image is necessary to see it correctly when it’s reflected on the windshield), and lock the rotation of the screen (you can lock it in the landscape or portrait mode, it will then not change automatically when you flip the screen). You can also adjust the brightness manually.
- You can change the layout of the elements in HUD easily. First, tap on the Layout button. Afterwards, you can choose between 3 different layouts.
- It is also possible to select your preferred elements shown in HUD and also change the color. Start by tapping on the Content button. In the content section, you can choose your preferred element for each of the 3 fields in the layout. Select the field you'd like to change by tapping on it, then select the element you'd like to see, also by tapping on it. You can scroll left and right between the available elements. Confirm the changes by tapping on the Back button in the top left corner.
- Now, flip the Head-up Display (tap on the HUD mode button) and place your device under the windshield. By adjusting the distance of the device from the windshield you can change how high on the windshield the Head/up Display appears. You are ready to hit the road.
- To exit HUD, tap on the screen once, then tap on Exit HUD.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my previously purchased lifetime HUD no longer valid?
For existing customers that purchased this product in the past, nothing changes. If you did not purchase this feature in the past, then you can acquire it by subscribing to Premium+.
The orientation of the information displayed on windshield is wrong. How can I switch that?
While you have HUD active, tap anywhere on the screen and the HUD menu will appear. Tap on the HUD mode button in the middle. This should provide correct orientation of the projected information on your windshield.
What if I cannot see the navigation instructions on the windshield?
This can happen when using HUD in the daytime. Please keep in mind that HUD to works best at night, due to the light contrast needed for the information to be visible properly.
What if I want to use HUD without creating a route?
You can use it without creating a route, but the types of data it can show will be limited if no route related data exists.
What if I see the navigation information projected on the windshield twice?
This can be caused by physical properties of the windshield. The projected image depends on the glass thickness and/or it's manufacturing process (some windshields are made from multiple glass layers).