How to use Sygic World with Apple CarPlay
You can use Sygic with CarPlay in two ways:
• In a basic mode (without purchasing Premium for CarPlay) – the app connected with CarPlay will work without the Premium features (voice instructions, speed limits, turn-by-turn instructions, 3D maps). You can still use the app in 2D mode and navigate to your destination.
• With the Premium for CarPlay add-on, which will enable the Premium features also for CarPlay usage.
Premium for CarPlay requires iOS 12 or higher. Sygic World version 17.6.0 or higher is required (you can check your version in the Sygic World app in the menu – Settings – Info – About).
How to purchase Premium for CarPlay
You can buy the Premium for CarPlay as an in-app purchase by following these quick steps:
- Go to Menu → Sygic Store
- Select Premium for CarPlay
- Press the price in the top right corner
- Confirm the purchase with your Apple ID password or Touch ID
How to connect Sygic World with Apple CarPlay
In order to connect your phone to your car via CarPlay, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that your car supports CarPlay.
- Enable Siri in the iOS Settings app → Siri & Search → Press Home for Siri (this is required in order to use the CarPlay connectivity in general).
- Start your car.
- Plug your iPhone into the USB port in your car. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon.
- CarPlay menu will show up on your car's screen. Scroll through the available apps' icons and choose Sygic.
- You are ready to choose your destination.
Alternatively, you can also start Sygic World on your iPhone prior to the connection with your car. When the app is already running (you might even set up a route), plug the phone into your car and Sygic will be automatically projected to the car's screen.
If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. After your iPhone is updated, follow these steps—checking CarPlay after each step:
- If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
- Restart your iPhone and your car.
- Make sure that Siri is enabled in the iOS Settings app → Siri & Search → Press Home for Siri (the switch next to it must be green).
- If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to iOS Settings → Screen Time → Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
- Go to Settings → General → CarPlay, and tap Forget This Car.
- Check your connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
- If needed, install firmware updates. Check your car's manual for more information.