How to transfer a paid app into Sygic All Regions
Important: Not all paid apps on the App Store can be transferred like this. Only the apps listed below are supported by this method:
- Sygic Western Europe: GPS Navigation, Australia & NZ, Brasil, Europe & Russia, Middle East, North America, SEA-HK-TW.
Another important notice: The app update itself as well as the whole process below (where you need to download another app from the App Store and maps later on) requires an active internet connection. We recommend performing this while you’re connected to a strong WiFi network to prevent any mobile data consumption.
First and foremost, you need to have the latest app version installed. If you do, the following window will display when you launch your app:
Please follow these steps:
- Press the „Get the new app“ option.
- Download the Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps free app
- Launch the app
Once you launch the app, the app’s quick step-by-step guide will help you set it up:
- You will first need download a map – usually, the app chooses your current location to determine which map to download first.
- Once you start downloading it, you will be prompted to submit your email – if you’d like to receive news about the app or special offers
- Regardless of whether you enter your email or skip the step above, the download will continue in the background. Once the step above is completed, the option to see a quick preview of the app’s basic features will appear.
- Once the whole process is complete, you will get a prompt that your paid features are activated successfully.
Now from this step onward, you have multiple options:
- You can start using the app. You’ll find a lot of useful information about how to use the app in the Tips & Tricks section of our support site if you’re intersted
- You can activate your paid license in Menu → Sygic Store. Once done, your paid products will bind to your Apple ID in case you need to restore them in the future on an iOS device you own.
- You can activate the license later. You will get a prompt from the app itself the next time you run it.