How to back up and restore via Dropbox?
If you would follow this guide on the device with saved favorites/imported POIs etc, your data will be backed up on Dropbox.
On a new device without saved data, the procedure below will restore backed up data from Dropbox to the application.
Please follow the procedure below to back up and restore data on Dropbox:
- Start Sygic GPS Navigation, go to Menu > Settings > Cloud service and select Dropbox.
- Sign in with your Dropbox account. If you do not have such account, please, create one.
- Allow Sygic to access your Dropbox.
- If asked to synchronize your data, press Yes.
Dropbox is going to automatically and frequently back up and restore your data when the app is started and an action is triggered (saving a favourite, route, creating a new widget etc).
The app is comparing which data files are newer, therefore there are two possibilities:
- Sygic has newer data - everything stored on Dropbox will be overwritten by your data from Sygic.
- Dropbox has newer data - everything in Sygic will be overwritten by your Dropbox data.
Please note: Dropbox backup and restore is mainly for restoring backup on new fresh installation without any data. We do not recommend to use 2 or more devices simultaneously with this service. You may loose all your data.