We release map updates 2 - 4 times a year, or as often as we receive newer maps from our partners. Map updates include updates for roads, speed limits, new traffic regulations, Places and stationary speed cameras.
There is no easier way to check for map updates directly other than going in the app's Menu → Maps. If there is no update option available, then you have the latest maps already loaded.
Once we release a map update, you will see a notification icon in the main menu of our app next to the "Maps" option. To update maps:
- Go to Menu
- Select Maps
- Tap on the "Update" button to start downloading new maps.
- Wait for the download to finish
- It is necessary to update all your maps at once, if you select to update only few maps, all other maps that you had downloaded before will be deleted.
- Also, it is important that you carefully consider when to update maps. It would be highly inconvenient updating maps without a strong and stable WiFi - postponing the update until you have a strong connection is available is recommended.
- Downloading large amounts of maps at once takes time and drains your phone's battery (as a result of downloading a managing a large amount of data from the internet). Make sure your phone is charged or being charged while the maps are being updated.
- You also need to carefully consider available storage in your device - if you won't have enough free space, you might not have enough space to finish the update in one go.
|Currently released map version||Next expected map version release*|
*We are aiming for a release date in June 2019.
Map versions may differ in different apps and products due to the nature of each app's development and release schedule. Older app releases require app update to receive new maps, as updates are available only in the latest app versions.