Head up display
The Head-up display (HUD) allows you to keep your attention on the road and enjoy a safe & comfortable drive by showing you all the navigation instructions projected directly into your line of sight – on the windshield glass.
How to buy the HUD?
The Head Up Display is included in the Premium+ Subscription. It is not sold separately for Sygic GPS Navigation.
Additional options and adjustments
After tapping anywhere on the screen while HUD is active, there are several settings and adjustments you can do:
- Dark mode: switches between a dark or light background, you can choose whichever you prefer, or which one will provide better visibility of the reflected image under the conditions where you will be using it.
- HUD mode: flips the image on the screen upside down and right to left, to make it correct when it reflects from the windshield
- Rotation lock: while it's off turn your screen to portrait or landscape mode, then we recommend turning this on to prevent the phone from accidentally changing the orientation while you're driving
- Brightness level: adjusting this slider higher will improve the visibility of the reflected image
- Layout: select how the screen will be segmented while using HUD
- Content: select what type of information will be shown in each screen segment, and which color should be used
What if I can barely see the navigation instructions on the windshield?
This can happen when using HUD in the daytime. Please keep in mind that HUD to works best at night, due to the light contrast needed for the information to be visible properly.
What if I want to use HUD without creating a route?
You can use it without creating a route, but the types of data it can show will be limited if no route related data exists.
What if I see the navigation information projected on the windshield twice?
This can be caused by physical properties of the windshield. The projected image depends on the glass thickness and/or its manufacturing process (some windshields are made from multiple glass layers).