Head up display
The Head-up display (HUD) allows you to keep your attention on the road and enjoy a safe & comfortable drive by showing you all the navigation instructions projected directly into your line of sight – the windshield.
How to buy the HUD?
You can buy the Head Up Display as an in-app purchase by following these quick steps (they are very similar to buying a Premium license from the app):
- Go to Menu → Sygic Store
- Select HUD
- Press the Shopping cart icon
- Complete your purchase using one of the supported payment options.
You can also buy the HUD from our E-shop by following these steps:
- On the E-shop page, scroll down until you see Sygic's add-on features.
- Select the HUD by pressing "Add to cart"
- Complete the order by entering your personal information, selecting and using one of the offered Payment methods.
How to activate HUD?
HUD can be activated by Signing in with your Sygic account.
How to use HUD?
- Create and start a route.
- Launch HUD in the quick menu (the three-dot button at the bottom right corner of the screen) by tapping on the Head-up display icon.
- Flip HUD to the mirror image by tapping on the screen – it is necessary to see the navigation information reflected on the windshield correctly.
Tip: The options to exit the HUD screen/ return to the navigation and to adjust screen brightness are shown after tapping on the HUD screen too.
- Place your device under the windshield.
You can adjust the position of the projected image by changing the distance of the device from the windshield.
What if I am not able to launch HUD and I see a "lock" sign beside it in the quick menu?
This indicates that you still need to activate your purchase. See the "How to activate HUD" section above.
What if I cannot see the navigation instructions on the windshield?
This can happen when using HUD in the daytime. Please keep in mind that HUD to works best at night, due to the light contrast needed for the information to be visible properly.
What if I want to use HUD without creating a route?
You can use it by tapping on the three-dot button (the quick menu) at the bottom right corner of the screen. You'll see your current speed or speed cameras warnings.
What if I don't see the turn instructions or speed limits on the HUD screen?
When no Premium license is activated, HUD will only display the current speed and estimated time of arrival for the current route. Turn-by-turn instructions and speed limits will not be shown, since those are part of the Premium features.
What if I see the navigation information projected on the windshield twice?
This can be caused by physical properties of the windshield. The projected image depends on the glass thickness and/or its manufacturing process (some windshields are made from multiple glass layers).