Car Connectivity (InControl)
Sygic GPS Navigation now supports InControl, the car connectivity technology used in Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles. This article how to use this feature in supported vehicles and smartphones. Please note that premium feratures function will work in this car connectivity only if you purchase a license for it. You can purchase the Car Connectivity add-on in Menu → Sygic Store directly in the app.
In order to connect your phone to your Jaguar or Land Rover via InControl, please follow these steps:
- Make sure your Jaguar or Land Rover is compatible.
- Download and install the InControl Apps launcher on your smartphone:
- For Android devices: first pair and connect your smartphone to the vehicle using Land Rover Bluetooth (needed for phone calls and audio streaming). This step is not required for iOS devices.
- Ensure your device is unlocked and cases or screen covers are not closed (some can auto-lock the phone when closed).
- Plug your phone into the USB port in your car
- If you are using an iPhone and InControl Apps is not already running, you will be prompted to open the app. If using an Android phone, you can select Always Allow when prompted, which will forego all future prompts.
- Select InControl Apps from the Touchscreen of your car. Choose Sygic from the list of available apps.
- You are ready to choose your destination.
In order for Sygic to work properly, your phone needs to have a good reception of GPS signal. Make sure you are in open space, outsides garages and tunnels. Also, do not place your phone into too remote storage compartments, this could hinder the signal reception as well.
Alternatively, you can also start Sygic GPS Navigation on your phone prior to the connection with your car. When the app is already running (you might even set up a route), plug the phone into your car and follow the usuall process.
- In case the connection via InControl does not work, first and foremost, please make sure you are running the latest available version of Sygic GPS Navigation. Keep in mind that you need to connect your phone to your car with USB cable, the connection via Bluetooth will not suffice. Reboot your phone and restart your car's system. Make sure you have a properly installed and working InControl launcher app.
- In case the sound does not work, please make sure you have Bluetooth enabled in both your phone and in your car. Make sure your phone is in the list of paired devices of your car.