Full reinstall of Sygic Car Navigation app
If you would like to back up your maps, Favorites and other personal data, please copy the following files and folders outside of Sygic folder:
You will need a file manager app or to connect your device to a PC to access the device file system. We recommend to use File Explorer application on your Android device, or Total Commander.
- Maps - Android/data/com.sygic.incar/files/Maps/
- Application settings - Android/data/com.sygic.incar/files/Android/settings2.dat
- Your saved favorite locations - Android/data/com.sygic.incar/files/Res/db/items.dat
- Saved routes - Android/data/com.sygic.incar/files/Res/itinerary/
- Travel book data - Android/data/com.sygic.incar/files/Res/travelbook/
To do a complete reinstall of the application on your device:
- Open Android settings > Applications > find Sygic Car Navigation
- Tap on Uninstall
- Search for "Sygic Car navigation" in Playstore/Appstore
- Tap on Install and follow instructions on screen for installation
(OPTIONAL) If you backed up the personal data and maps, you can now move it back to the re-created com.sygic.incar folder in the same directories as before.
Notice: If you have been using the app for a few years now, you may find another SygicIncar folder in your device's memory. We would suggest removing that folder, please check according to the steps above whether you don't have any personal data in it before you remove it. The folder is now obsolete and is no longer used, yet it could be the cause of issues.