How to connect Sygic Car Navigation with Apple CarPlay
In order to connect your phone to your car via CarPlay, please follow these steps:
- Make sure that your car supports CarPlay.
- Enable Siri in the iOS Settings app → Siri & Search → Press Home for Siri (this is required in order to use the CarPlay connectivity in general).
- Start your car
- Plug your iPhone into the USB port in your car. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon.
- CarPlay menu will show up on your car's screen. Scroll through the available apps' icons and choose Sygic Car Navigation.
- You are ready to choose your destination.
Alternatively, you can also start Sygic Car Navigation on your iPhone prior to the connection with your car. When the app is already running (you might even set up a route), plug the phone into your car and Sygic will be automatically projected to the car's screen.
If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. After your iPhone is updated, follow these steps—checking CarPlay after each step:
- If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
- Restart your iPhone and your car.
- Make sure that Siri is enabled in the iOS Settings app → Siri & Search → Press Home for Siri (the switch next to it must be green).
- If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
- Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, and tap Forget This Car.
- Check your connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
- If needed, install firmware updates. Check your car's manual for more information.