Making insurance claims
How should I proceed in the event of a an insurance claim from abroad?
We recommend contacting the assistance company Eurocross Assistance Czech Republic, s.r.o., on their telephone contact number: +420 296 33 96 09
Where can I report an insurance claim
You can submit a report through the assistance company Eurocross Assistance Czech Republic, s.r.o. on their telephone contact number: +420 296 33 96 09
What documents do I need to submit a claim?
When reporting a claim to Eurocross Assistance Czech Republic, s.r.o. please be prepared to submit:
- your insurance card number
- Your personal data (name, surname and date of birth)
- when and where the damage event occurred,
- how the damage event occurred,
- contact details of the attending physician (address, telephone number)
- documents for the damage event, (e.g. medical report about the treatment)
How soon is it necessary to report an insurance claim?
We recommend that you report it immediately in writing or by telephone to Eurocross Assistance Czech Republic s.r.o.
- however, no later than 72 hours in the case of hospitalization abroad
- however, no later than 24 hours after confirmation of the disease in the case of a disease classified by the World Health Organization as an Epidemic or Pandemic (e.g. Covid-19).
- before undergoing another follow-up medical treatment by the same doctor, or by a doctor of another specialization/expertise if the illness or injury requires such treatment during the insurance period.
Can I report an insurance claim later on?
Yes, if you incurred any financial costs in connection with an illness or injury, that you paid directly to the hospital facility during the trip, or if you incurred additional costs, e.g. for the purchase of medicines, you can report the incident after returning home from your trip by contacting Eurocross Assistance Czech Republic, s.r.o. on their telephone contact number: +420 296 33 96 09