Insurance types BASIC/PANDEMIC
If I have selected the BASIC insurance, do I also have illnesses covered by insurance, e.g. COVID-19?
No, in order to make incurance claims for costs associated with the COVID-19 disease, it is necessary to have selected the PANDEMIC insurance type.
If I have the PANDEMIC insurance, what is covered by the insurance?
- The PANDEMIC insurance variant is extended to cover costs and treatment of a pandemic or epidemic disease (e.g. COVID-19)
- reimbursement of testing costs (antigen, PCR), if ordered by the relevant attending physician
- outpatient treatment, including prescribed medicines and prescribed medical devices up to a limit of EUR 50,000,
- hospitalization and medical treatments during hospitalization, including prescribed medicines, prescribed medical devices and materials up to a limit of EUR 50,000,
- transport to and from the medical facility, transport to the homeland up to a limit of EUR 50,000,
- the cost of accommodation for the insured abroad in the event that he has been ordered to quarantine up to the amount of EUR 50/1 night and for a maximum of 14 nights.
However, the insurer reserves the right to decide in advance on a suitable accommodation facility
- travel costs for repatriation after the end of the ordered quarantine (where the ordered quarantine extended the expected date of stay abroad) and the insured will not be able to use the originally intended means of transport and no later than 14 days after the end of the originally expected date of stay. The Insurer reserves the right to decide in advance on the method of transport and the alternative means of transport used.
If I have BASIC insurance, in which European countries am I covered by insurance?
In all countries, according to the territorial validity Europe - but the insurance does not cover diseases that are classified as pandemics / epidemics - e.g. COVID-19.
If I have BASIC insurance, am I also covered for diseases marked as pandemic / epidemic - e.g. COVID-19?
No, the BASIC insurance variant does not cover the costs of treating a disease referred to as a pandemic / epidemic - e.g. COVID-19. Diseases marked as pandemic / epidemic are only covered in the PANDEMIC insurance variant.
If I have PANDEMIC insurance, in which European countries am I covered by insurance?
In all countries according to the territorial validity Europe. Even in countries that are considered risky, PANDEMIC insurance covers diseases that are classified as pandemics / epidemics - e.g. COVID-19, if they arose during the period of validity of the insurance.